• Members 13 posts
    Oct. 23, 2020, 11:37 a.m.

    My Student Visa will expire soon.Can I get a Full time job?

    I am not engineer so I don't think I can apply for Humanity (Jinbun Visa)
    then what will it be?
    Is Tokute- Ginou is the way?

  • Team
    Oct. 28, 2020, 12:46 a.m.

    If you are currently a student who has stayed in Japan with student visa and you hold the JLPT N4 certificate, you can get your visa converted to Specified Skill worker visa (Tokutei ginou visa)

    1. Take the technical examination of the industry you want to work in. You can pick from 14 industries supported
    2. You also need to take the JLPT and clear at least N4 level
    3. The company that hires you will then proceed to change the residency status for you
    4. During the process you need to submit your certificates of technical examination and JLPT certificate
    5. You will also need to take a medical check (the result will be shared with the Immigration Service Agency of Japan)

    To check industries supported for Specified Skill Visa, check this link - www.workjapan.jp/jobseeker/blog/visa/how-to-acquire-japan-work-visa.html

  • Team
    Oct. 29, 2020, 6:49 p.m.

    I think above suggestion is useful, but thinking from employer's point of view, they might prefer hiring full time person who contributed as part timer.
    So if you know which industry you want to apply, prepare for test and also look for part time jobs with the company which has potential to hire you Full time!