• Members 12 posts
    Nov. 9, 2020, 3:51 p.m.

    I am a driver and I want to migrate to Japan. How can I get a job there?

  • Team
    Nov. 9, 2020, 10:50 p.m.

    The first thing to do would be to get a driving license for Japan. If you are outside Japan, the fastest way to do this would be to get an International Driving Permit (IDP) in your own country. You can use this for up to a year in Japan.

    The process of getting a Japan drivers' license is a little longer and you will have to give a written test and possibly also a driving test. The driving test requires some practice before you can clear it. I have friends who have given these tests 4-5 times before they cleared it. There are certain driving schools that give lessons in English here. So it is best to join one of them and get good practice once you are in Japan.

    In case you do not have an IDP, you can also come to Japan and apply for a driver's license from scratch. There are many driving schools which can help you with that. In the mean time, you can use a platform like WORK JAPAN and fine a part time job to sustain.

  • Team
    Nov. 17, 2020, 7:42 p.m.

    I heard Bus company which sells Bus Tour are open to hire foreigners,
    as most of the tourist are from overseas and need English Speaking persons.

    But ,this might changed due to Covid19
    Getting driving license in Japan might be tough.....